I spoke with a friend tonight about time outs. Now my wheels are spinning.
I haven’t had a chance to write in a long time due to some personal changes, uprooting, and a general, massive directional modification in (my) life’s path. That said, I am reminded this evening of the value not only to myself, but the potential value to others, for me to put thoughts to paper – forgive me, but is there a technological synonym, really? Yeah, didn’t think so.
I am too tired to write much tonight, save the few comments I have already responded to, but I will give you a bit of info on the topics I’ll tackle in the coming days/weeks as the muse inspires and allows. And you all know my muse is a toddler, right!!
Topics to be explored (your feedback, input, data, etc., is always encouraged):
- Ostracism (Time Outs), Rejection, Humiliation of Children in the Name of Discipline and Punishment
- Curbing Insolence, or Perhaps Appreciating It
- Your Child’s Worldview
- Engaging – Not Just Monitoring Your Child (Anyone see the Incredibles??)
- Bedtime (No, Not Mine, the Kid’s… Ok, Mine Too)
- Peaceful Coexistence vs. Harmony
So, until I can think straight and don’t see little blurs darting in/out of my peripheral vision…